Welcome to our neighbourhood! You will find plenty of useful information about our area and local services on this page. If you have any questions, please contact us on email@example.com. Information about waste and recycling collections is at the end of this section!
Bath & NE Somerset Council T 01225 477000 www.bathnes.gov.uk
For enquiries about bus passes, cleansing, highways, libraries, parks, planning, recycling, refuse, street lighting or public transport and reporting incidents like fly tipping or potholes in roads, visit or call Council Connect One Stop Shop in Manvers Street T 01225 394041 E firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergencies or dangerous incidents (outside office hours) T 01225 477477
Other departments with direct numbers (see telephone directory for full list) include:
- Pest Control: T 01225 396007 www.bathnes.gov.uk/pests
- Street Cleansing: email@example.com
- Trading Standards: T 01225 396753
- Council Tax: T 01225 477777 www.bathnes.gov.uk/counciltax
BANES Councillors for the Widcombe and Lyncombe Ward:
Alison Born (Lib Dem) T 01225 319188 E Alison_Born@bathnes.gov.uk
Winston Duguid (Lib Dem) T 07899066440 E Winston_Duguid@bathnes.gov.uk
Member of Parliament:
Wera Hobhouse (Lib) T 01225 316316 E http://firstname.lastname@example.org
NHS for B&NES Primary Care Trust T 01225 831800 www.banes-pct.nhs.uk
Number 18 Surgery, 18 Upper Oldfield Park T 01225 427402
Widcombe Surgery, 3 Widcombe Parade T 01225 310883
Widcombe Pharmacy, 4A Widcombe Parade T 01225 447924
Wellsway Pharmacy (Bear Flat) 2 Hayes Place T 01225 427456
Widcombe Dental Practice 4 Sussex Place T 01225 317681
Widcombe Dental Solutions 15 Widcombe Parade T 01225 311451
Lyndhurst Dental Practice 16a Upper Oldfield Park T 01225 422125
EMERGENCY SERVICES T 999 for Police, Ambulance or Fire emergencies
Police non-emergencies T 101 www.avonandsomerset.police.uk
Local Community Support Officer T 07500950604
Bath City South Neighbourhood Police Beat Manager – Constable Martyn Bridges
Avon Fire & Rescue Service T 0117 926 2061 www.avonfire.gov.uk
Royal United Hospital Bath A & E Dept T 01225 825550
RUH switchboard T 01225 428331 www.ruh.nhs.uk
Moorland Road – McColl’s Moorland Road T 01225 460398 www.postoffice.co.uk
Bath Sorting & Mail Collection Office is at Railway Place (near the railway station)
Royal Mail Customer Services T 08457 740 740 General enquiries T 0845 602 0167 www.royalmail.com
Gas: Wales & West Utilities
Emergencies T 0800 111 999 Enquiries T 0800 912 2999 www.utilities.co.uk
Electricity: Western Power Distribution
Power cut T 0800 6783 105 www.westernpower.co.uk
Water & Sewage: Wessex Water
Enquiries T 0345 600 4600 www.wessexwater.co.uk
First Great Western trains T 03457 000 125 www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk
First West of England Bus T 0845 602 0156 www.firstgroup.com/bath
National Express buses T 08717 818718 www.nationalexpress.com
Bristol Airport General Enquiries T 0871 334 4444 www.bristolairport.co.uk
Traveline T 0871 200 2233 www.travelinesw.com
Neighbouring Community Groups
Recycling and household waste disposal
COLLECTIONS from most dwellings in our part of Bath are on TUESDAYS.
Collections of recyclable materials are made WEEKLY from all properties and rubbish collections are FORTNIGHTLY.
The FORTNIGHTLY rubbish collection starts on Tuesday 14 November 2017.
The FORTNIGHTLY garden waste collection starts on Tuesday 21 November (Week A).
Only St Mary’s Buildings and Wells Road have collections on FRIDAYS
The FORTNIGHTLY rubbish collection starts on Friday 17 November 2017
The FORTNIGHTLY garden waste collection starts on Friday 10 November (Week A)
If you’re not sure when your collection will be or what is recyclable, check the Council’s waste disposal page: www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/bins-rubbish-and-recycling
Here’s a summary of how materials must be presented for collection:
Weekly FOOD WASTE RECYCLING
- Lockable food recycling bin (large) and/or kitchen caddy (small) for all cooked and uncooked foodstuffs in plastic bags, compostable liners (£) or wrapped in newspaper.
Weekly RECYCLING (non-food materials)
- Green box for plastics, papers, glass, cans, batteries, clothes, etc
- Blue bag for cardboard, brown paper, food & drinks cartons (tetra pak)
Fortnightly GARDEN WASTE RECYCLING
- Paper sacks (£ from B&NES) for green waste that can be composted
Fortnightly NON-RECYCLABLE RUBBISH DISPOSAL
- Must be bagged in rubbish sacks and placed INSIDE either black gull-proof sacks or wheelie bins.
Special arrangements are made for recyclable and waste materials from commercial/retail properties, particularly large quantities of food wastes and packaging.
For most (see below) residents all containers must be placed at the edge of your property by 7 am on collection morning.
- For Alton Place, Calton Gardens, Holloway, St Marks Gardens and nos. 5-11 Calton Walk all containers must be placed at the FRONT of the properties
- For nos. 12-39 Calton Walk all recycling containers must be placed at the FRONT of the properties and ONLY rubbish (black sacks) at the REAR in the passageway.
- For St Marks Road: all containers/bags must be placed at the front of the properties.
- For 1–9 Calton Road: all containers/bags must be placed at the rear of the properties (accessible from Alexandra Road).
- For 142-145 Calton Road: all containers/bags must be placed so they are accessible from Calton Road.
- For 1-32 Alexandra Road: all containers/bags must be placed at the front of the properties.
- For 40-49 Alexandra Road: all containers/bags must be placed on the Alexandra Road side of the properties.
- For lower Wells Road: all containers/bags must be placed at the front of the properties.
- For St Mary’s Buildings: all containers/bags must be placed at the front of the properties.
If the new arrangements for waste and recycle collections aren’t working well where you live please inform the B&NES Waste Disposal Department via Council Connect.