These include litter-picks, shrub trimming and clearance, as well as looking after our local playground.
None of our residential roads is routinely gritted in winter by BANES; main roads, bus routes and important roads are prioritised. Pedestrian routes are only gritted in severe weather conditions and where footfall is high.
Some residents hold a store of gritting salt provided by the council which can be shared if need arises.
The winter gritting routes and grit locations are shown at www.bathnes.gov.uk/wintergritting
There are six Grit Bins in the ARCH and St Mark’s Road areas; they are located:
– by no. 47 Holloway
– by the steps leading to no. 50 Holloway
– by the bench on the path leading to the Claverton Road subway
– at the start of St Mark’s Road
– at the start of Alexandra Road
– near the junction of Calton Road and Alexandra Road
For bins that need re-filling or for problems caused by snow and ice contact Council Connect or report a problem at www.bathnes.gov.uk/reportit